Even if you don't like the man - if he is allowed to be extracted like this after being given asylum, and further, extradited, it does not bode well for the future...for whistleblowers, journalists and normies alike.
"Julian Assange 'further arrested' on behalf of the US after extradition request"
To all who doubted the threat of extradition to the US... what are you going to do now?
- Headlines for April 3, 2019 http://www.democracynow.org/2019/4/3/headlines
- Rep. Ro Khanna on WH Security Clearances, Ending Support for the Saudi War in Yemen, a... http://www.democracynow.org/2019/4/3/rep_ro_khanna_on_wh_security
- Chicago Makes Herstory: First African-American Woman and Gay Chicago Mayor Wins in Lan... http://www.democracynow.org/2019/4/3/electoral_history_in_chicago_first_african
- AMLO: How Mexico’s New Leftist President Has Navigated Corruption, Inequality, and Tru... http://www.democracynow.org/2019/4/3/amlo_a_look_at_mexican_president
- Criminalising political opposition in Catalonia https://www.redpepper.org.uk/criminalising-political-opposition-in-catalonia/
I've got a solution to the recycling problem. Pass a law that says that every company has to accept back any products they provide, when they reach end-of-life. So, for example, retailers would have to accept packaging waste back from customers, and the wholesaler that sold them the product would have to accept it back from them. Internalizing the cost of dealing with waste would motivate companies to make less disposable stuff, and find ways to make it easier to recycle:
at this stage I really just don't have any patience for any of the arguments about whether or not adblocking is "ethical."
I'm going to block as many ads as I can. No, you can't stop me. No, if you try, I'll just leave and use some other website. No, it's not theft. No, I don't give a shit. Get off my lawn.
Apparently someone managed to call Amazon's support, tricked and convinced them into changing my account's email, ordered something, and eventually proceeded to delete my entire account.
Now Amazon's support refuses to help me for data protection reasons 😂
Looks like it's enough to know someone's address to hijack their #amazon account.
"River Lea Oil Disaster ▶ We call for effective environmental protection for our waterways."
Open letter and online petition created and signed by:
Lea Boaters Collective; Thames21; The Green Party; The Swan Sanctuary; London Waterkeeper; NBTA London; Residential Boat Owners’ Association;
Moo Canoes; Alfred le Roy; Save Lea Marshes; Lea Rowing Club
SIGN THE PETITION
I have no idea what's going on with facebook news and all the rage, but fuck, people are really stupid. Privacy advocates and smart people have been saying what is/could be done with the info they have and exactly what the business model is - you are the product they sell - for years.
Naive people. Only because they see a specific instance of the problem now are reacting instead of proactively protecting themselves since forever. Actually is a good wake up call for all the sheeple.
Safe travels (if you're wealthy and Western)
https://longreads.com/2018/02/20/the-internet-isnt-forever/ a look at archiveing
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!