- Lowkey: Soundtrack to the struggle https://www.redpepper.org.uk/lowkey-soundtrack-to-the-struggle/
- Foul play in Qatar https://www.redpepper.org.uk/foul-play-in-qatar/
- They shall not pass: feminists on the front line https://www.redpepper.org.uk/they-shall-not-pass-feminists-on-the-front-line/
- The reactionary rebellion https://www.redpepper.org.uk/the-reactionary-rebellion/
- Hungary: Europe’s creeping fascism https://www.redpepper.org.uk/hungary-europes-creeping-fascism/
- Rewriting history: museums and ‘neutrality’ https://www.redpepper.org.uk/rewriting-history-museums-and-neutrality/
- Building a Museum of Dissent https://www.redpepper.org.uk/building-a-museum-of-dissent/
- Whose history? Why the People’s History Museum is vital https://www.redpepper.org.uk/whose-history-why-the-peoples-history-museum-is-vital/
- Stop the scan: turning police into border guards https://www.redpepper.org.uk/stop-the-scan-turning-police-into-border-guards/
- Power beyond borders https://www.redpepper.org.uk/power-beyond-borders/
- The UN climate talks are coming to Britain. The climate justice movement will be ready https://www.redpepper.org.uk/the-un-climate-talks-are-coming-to-britain-the-climate-justice-movement-will-be-ready/
- Net zero emissions by 2050? It’s a sham https://www.redpepper.org.uk/net-zero-emissions-by-2050-its-a-sham/
- We hacked tube ads to call out the Home Office’s hostile environment https://www.redpepper.org.uk/we-hacked-tube-ads-to-call-out-the-home-offices-hostile-environment/
- Review – Finding a Voice: Asian women in Britain https://www.redpepper.org.uk/finding-a-voice-asian-women-in-britain/
- Workers unite online https://www.redpepper.org.uk/workers-unite-online/
- The political whiteness of #MeToo https://www.redpepper.org.uk/the-political-whiteness-of-metoo/
- Trumpism goes global https://www.redpepper.org.uk/trumpism-goes-global/
- Brexit’s drug problem https://www.redpepper.org.uk/brexits-drug-problem/
- What happens if a university fails? https://www.redpepper.org.uk/what-happens-if-a-university-fails/
- Britain’s BAME community will fall through the cracks due to Brexit https://www.redpepper.org.uk/britains-bame-community-will-fall-through-the-cracks-due-to-brexit/
- Free trade can seriously damage your health https://www.redpepper.org.uk/free-trade-can-seriously-damage-your-health/
- Life behind bars at Yarl’s Wood https://www.redpepper.org.uk/life-behind-bars-at-yarls-wood/
- We need to decolonise museums https://www.redpepper.org.uk/we-need-to-decolonise-museums/
- You can’t kill the spirit https://www.redpepper.org.uk/you-cant-kill-the-spirit/
- Copper mining in a climate emergency https://www.redpepper.org.uk/copper-mining-in-a-climate-emergency/
Founded on #4opens and moderated by an ethical code of conduct. Its a safe space for Campaigning and NGO groups to access their members via #openweb projects.
"We can't engage as communities, unless we have money. I can't even express how angry this makes me."
- an activist group using Facebook. People and organisations who feel this way are our initial targets.
We are launching two new Mastodon instances for activists and campaigners to aid communication of grassroot groups; putting social media back in our hands by providing a free, unfettered home for campaigners, NGO’s and activists to communicate among their peers and beyond.
This project is a way out of the restricted, algorithmic, for-profit mediation and commercialisation of communication we increasingly experience. If you do not pay to "boost" each post, a Facebook page will only reach 3-6% of members. This soon becomes an expensive drain on limited NGO and activist budgets.
Activists and campaigners alike are ready to shift their outreach away from the corporate social networks paid-per-view “walled gardens”.
Mastodon is the worlds largest free open source decentralised microblogging network; it’s thousands of unique, interconnected communities, filled with different people, interests, languages, and needs.
You’re free to join any community you like, or better yet, host your own, on your own terms. It remains possible for members of each to instance to interact with others.
There is no monopoly by a single commercial company, no ads, and no tracking.
We aim to help activism/campaigning groups to make this step now.